How Can I get PR while studying in Canada? As an international student in Canada, how can I apply to become a permanent resident? Let’s take a look at some of the requirements and pathways for international students to get Canadian Permanent Residency.

Canada is a wonderful place to want to continue to work, study and live in. Hence many foreign students already studying in Canada on a study permit, desire to settle permanently in Canada, in view of the enormous infrastructure facilities, access to a quality life, huge job opportunities, diversities of cultures, quality standard of living and many more.

But, you can not apply for PR until after your graduation, as there are now various programs in place, through which you can apply for Canadian Permanent Residency.

You, however, need to acquire the work permit first to stay in Canada. You can apply for the work permit under the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program (PGWPP) after completing your graduation.

The PGWPP program permits graduates from Canadian Post Secondary institutions to get practical Canadian Work Experience. The Canadian Experience Class visa category enables graduates to meet the requirements for the PR in Canada on acquiring the much needed Canadian skilled work experience through the PGWPP program.

Please also note that:

  • A work permit via the PGWPP program can be issued for the time span of the applicant’s study program, up to a maximum of three (3) years.
  • A work permit through PGWPP cannot be viable for more than the applicant’s study program, and the study program needs to be at least eight (8)months in duration.
  • Aside from the Post Graduation Work Permit, you need to fulfil the required criteria (refer the CIC website for detailed information).
LATEST JOB >  Canada’s Top 10 Most In-Demand Jobs In 2019

A Little About Canadian Experience Class Category for PR in Canada?

A foreign student who graduated in a Canadian educational institution recently is more likely to have the required qualities to become a permanent resident of Canada from the temporary one.

It’s assumed that the student will be well aware of Canadian Communities and society and thus, can contribute immensely to the economy of Canada. But, he or she must be proficient in English or French language and having the qualifying work experience too.


View all posts

Add comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *